Monday, December 2, 2013

Holiday Party Projection Video

I decided to go with the holiday classic and literally my favorite movie, "It's a Wonderful Life" as a basis for my video installation. I took the entire movie but cropped and reproduced some of my favorite, significant scenes. When I copied certain sections of the movie, I added different effects. For example in the first part of the movie, where the stars are speaking, are reproduced and the top star gets larger and more dominant in each reproduction. Then midway through the film, the portion where George Bailey first stands up to Mr. Potter, is duplicated many times to show it's significance to George's later actions in the film.

Some portions, I repeated and messed with the audio, made it louder or quieter.

There are a bunch of scenes I messed with, just to give them more significance and praise or spunk - even though many may be iconic pieces of the film already! Because in a room with 20 plus projections, it's obviously easy to miss something. I partly chose this film because it's to recognizable, and used in so many other films (just for its pure awesomeness and joy), and because it really is my favorite holiday movie... I would bring it to any holiday party to watch.

Here is a portion:








No comments:

Post a Comment