Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ideas for Audio Tour

Midtown slogan: "This is city life"

** = favorite ideas

1) Diversity in a block of Midtown - humorous maybe, go from the Wild Orchid to a yoga/wellness studio. Mostly my voice with sound effects.

**2) An auditory experience of taste, walking to several restaurants in a block or two of midtown and describing the place and what I order and what it tastes like in great detail. You'd walk to the restaurants and probably be really hungry by the end of the tour. This could almost serve as advertisement. Really detail oriented, what's the food look like? The vibe of the restaurant? My view, as a vegetarian foodie?

** 3) Five minutes in the life of someone walking around in Midtown, what types of things do you see or smell or witness...you'll probably experience it similarly to the audio description when you're walking the streets yourself. I like this idea because it's something that at times can be humorous (you see a woman dressed in a furry orange hat and a red mini skirt with combat boots) or something really upsetting (a homeless man wandering around, maybe asking for spare change). I think taking someone through the emotions one could experience when they really look at the scene and the details around them could be very interesting.

I think it would be really cool to repeat every so often "this is midtown, this is city life" or vice versa on order (something I could have done in my coffee tryptic).

No comments:

Post a Comment