Monday, September 3, 2012



My triptych depicts the concept of time, how grueling, draining and often overwhelming it may be. I tried to show a version of how time works in this way through relevant pictures and their placement. The images go from least to most impacting. Coffee helps the people constantly in a hurry keep going and going and going. The commonality of space in these images show that, like people going about their daily lives, it is never ending. Time has always been my biggest fear. As these images are dark and confusing, so is my idea of time itself.

2 comments:

  1. Stormy

    This piece might have the same theme of time mine has, but the message goes off in a different direction and I love it. The look of it is surreal and reminds me of " Across the universe". I also like how though the panels you depict how time and are lives seem mundane and almost uninteresting until we literally run out of time. I think this piece is a good contrast to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something very pleasant about the way a lot of these fragile items are arranged across the 3 panels. I notice a heavy 'deep space' and 'glass' influence in them which suggest something otherworldly, and that fits your concept of time to a tee! I am drawn quite closely to how the "single file toy workers" are presented, as they seem to define that unity in between all three montages. I have a slight irk with a bit of the unfinished quality around some inserted images, such as for example the running gentleman with the suitcase on panel 1. Those can be tightened up however with more development, as you seem to have a good grasp with the program! My only other critique lies with what could be, in the future, very interesting! You seem to start a narrative on panel 1 with the inclusion of your own face and allegedly a baby photo of yourself. Yet, my mind wants that narrative to continue somehow, and is a little disappointed to find it absent from frame 2 and 3. Otherwise, a very enjoyable and mysterious composition to look at.

    ReplyDelete